All our quotes cover you for up to two flavours of sponge, but we can cater for every tier being a different flavour. (£30 charged per additional flavour to cover our time in the kitchen). If you would like fruit cake, the traditional fruit cake needs to be booked a minimum of 4 months in advance, the tropical fruit cake 6 weeks. We suggest that the fruit cakes are kept for the bottom tier due to its weight. If, however you only require a few portions of fruit cake, we can create a small fruit ‘cutting’ cake for the kitchen. The number of flavours you have is of course entirely your decision. All our sponge cakes are expertly crafted with 4 layers of sponge, 3 layers of buttercream, (or 2 of buttercream and 1 of curd/preserve) and stand 5.5” tall.
- LIGHT CHOCOLATE SPONGE +Using a blend of Valrhona’s finest dark chocolate single estate chocolates combined with their rich and indulgent cocoa powder, this is a very popular chocolate cake. A little sweeter but less rich than the Rich Valrhona chocolate cake and suits all palates. Either go a bit ‘kitch’ and have with a layer of the Black cherry preserve or a layer or 2 of our salted caramel buttercream or, just as it is. Comes standard as 4 layers of sponge and 3 layers of chocolate buttercream. You can also try it with the Belgian chocolate ganache buttercream or Madagascan vanilla bean buttercream.
- DECADENT VALRHONA +This is a chocolate sponge for the true chocoholic. Less sweet than the light chocolate but containing only the darkest of Valrhona chocolate making the cake richer. The Belgian chocolate ganache buttercream is both rich and sumptuous. Either an additional layer of the raspberry preserve or 2 layers of the salted caramel help balance out its’ decadence.
- MADAGASCAN VANILLA BEAN SPONGE WITH VANILLA BEAN BUTTERCREAM +Using the stunning vanilla caviar from the Madgascan hills, this is a gently flavoured vanilla sponge. The sponge is soft and melt in the mouth and is an absolute crowd pleaser. The traditional preserve tends to be the raspberry, but our punchy passionfruit curd provides a lovely balance to the vanilla.
- LUSCIOUS LEMON CAKE +Our signature soft and melt in the mouth sponge flavour using the finest incredibly intense lemon oil. We compliment it with our unique lemon drizzle syrup, home made lemon curd and lemon buttercream. Beautifully tangy, this is perfect for a hot summer’s evening.
- MOIST CARROT CAKE +Beautifully light and melt in the mouth, made with dark brown sugar and organic sunflower oil with a touch of cinnamon and orange, complimented by our Madagascan vanilla bean buttercream. It also works with a very gentle hint of the orange curd (optional).
- EXOTIC LIGHT FRUIT CAKE +We wanted to provide a fruit cake that all ages can enjoy. This is more like a family fruit cake in colour and texture; a light gold firm sponge filled with apricots, mangos, dates, figs, sour cherries, cranberries, sultanas and raisins. A touch of brandy and ground almonds help create a beautiful depth of flavour and texture. Covered in both Marzipan and fondant.
- ALMOND AND ORANGE +Beautifully moist this tends to suit the more adult palate. Very finely diced fresh oranges, orange oil and ground almonds are added to this sponge base to give a wonderful texture and flavour. The orange buttercream, compliments the sponge beautifully and the orange curd adds a lovely punchy tang. Very moreish!
- MOIST BANANA CAKE +Calling all banana cake fans – you will love this. Again, a wonderfully moist and light sponge with a perfectly balanced banana flavour this is absolutely stunning with 1 or 2 layers of the salted caramel buttercream and 1 of the Madagascan vanilla bean buttercream. Or, if you are a total purist then just have the vanilla, the choice is yours.
- RED VELVET +For all those a little unsure, this is actually a very light chocolate cake. We use our stunning Valrhona cocoa powder to create a lovely depth in the flavour of this Red Velvet. Not overly sweet, but still lovely and moist. No other way to have this other than 3 layers of the Madagascan vanilla bean buttercream. So, if you want a hint of chocolate but not as rich as the light chocolate or Valrhona, this is the one for you.
- MADAGASCAN VANILLA, WHITE CHOCOLATE AND PASSIONFRUIT +A stunning flavour for those with a sweet tooth this is for you! Using our subtly flavoured signature vanilla sponge we combine a white chocolate ganache buttercream with 3 layers of passionfruit curd. This works particularly well as dessert. (Perhaps serve with a passionfruit sorbet?!).
- MADAGASCAN VANILLA, RASPBERRY AND WHITE CHOCOLATE +Our signature vanilla sponge with a stunning raspberry and white chocolate ganache buttercream. We use a raspberry vodka to flavour the ganache which leaves a gentle balanced kick as an after taste. We also pop in 2 layers of our vanilla bean buttercream and a layer of our organic Raspberry preserve. Again this works wonderfully as dessert with a raspberry sorbet or similar.
- TRADITIONAL CHERRY BRANDY FRUIT CAKE +Our beautifully moist traditional fruit cake uses an entire bottle of Cherry brandy in the cooking ad maturing process of 16 weeks for a small cake to feed 40. So, if you need alcohol free this isn’t for you! Using the plumpest raisins, sultanas, glace cherries and cranberries, (no horrid small currants in this), this has converted many a fruit cake hater. Covered in traditional marzipan and fondant.
Please note the Valrhona sponge, vanilla bean sponge with white chocolate and raspberry, vanilla bean sponge with white chocolate ganache buttercream and passion fruit curd all carry small supplements as do both the fruit cakes. Please enquire for details.
For all allergens/special dietary requirements, please click here
GLUTEN FREE/VEGAN/ALCOHOL FREE
All Gluten free and vegan consultations are charged at £75 (for 3 flavours). The flavours will be baked probably for just you and no one else. The Vanilla sponge with raspberry ganache buttercream and vanilla bean buttercream contains alcohol as do both fruit cakes. The only flavour not available without alcohol is the Traditional fruit cake.